Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tag, the Reprise

The tag post has generated unparalleled response: a record 4 comments, the highest to date. Thanks to all of you who read, enjoyed, and talked back! I hope there are some similar good sports among you.

Now, some challenges (real or perceived) have been presented among those comments. A certain astute reader - I won't reveal her name, but it begins with Anna-Lys - asked that I dredge up proof of my musical prowess by posting a recording of the James Bond theme on the ukelele. My friend, I would if I could, but alar, and time. And at this point, I've got none of these.

Said astute reader also requested pictures of (a) the no-good, long-haired hippie freak in my past and (b) the ill-fated jeans of my Chuck Norris days. On this I can deliver somewhat promisingly.
s *sigh*, said proof calls for a uke, a recorde
People's Exhibit A: this was shot at Karaoke Night at my alma mater. My partner-in-crime and I were doing our rendition of "Welcome to the Jungle," TMC-style. Ecce Hippie.
(Photo courtesy of moi.)

People's Exhibit B: this is not exactly me, as you can tell by looking carefully. Nor is this the same kick. However, the subject's jeans have met a very similar fate:

(Photo unintentionally courtesy of Failblog, an online shrine to Schadenfreude.*)

It pains me, but it has to be said: I hope I never get that big. However, if a certain other astute reader decides to see just how much cottage cheese I can put away in one sitting, I could end up like this guy. Especially if I practice.

Honestly, I've never tested the limits of this craving, partly because I've feared that it has no end, and partly because I'm a cheapskate - have you seen the price of cottage cheese? If it's going to disappear so quickly, why spend the money?

And yet (correct me if I'm wrong) it seems RKR actually wants to see just how of the stuff Yours Truly can take. Well, if Paul Newman could eat 50 hard-boiled eggs in an hour, I might actually be game to try something similar. Just to see.

Only make it reasonable, otherwise you'll end up on mop detail for sure.

(*Thanks to the lovely and talented Ms. W, who introduced me to Failblog.)

ps - (For truth-seekers everywhere, BBC gives the scoop on the likelihood of Cool Hand Luke's feat in real life. Read this before dishing out the cottage cheese.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments, but who's Ms. W? ;-)

jacob longshore said...

O World! does thou not see how curious she is -
Ms. W, the myst'ry of the Web?
To steal in, gath'ring warm words in her paws,
Then steal out leaving nothing but a wink
And a question, one she alone can know -
Dost thou not see her and her Cheshire grin?
Nor I: she is a tricky one to pin.

ANNA-LYS said...

ha ha ha :-))