Monday, August 04, 2008

Pre-op checkout


Dear readers, I have a confession to make. Today, in about an hour, I am off to the hospital for a bit of minor surgery. And I don't like it, not one bit.

It's not the surgery itself that bothers me so much. It's not the fact that I'm losing time on my dissertation. Nor is it the overnight stay in a room that might have three other dudes. These things do not make me happy, but they're not what's eating me right now.

What really annoys me is that I can't have breakfast. No cereal, no coffee, no juice. No water. Nothing.

So here I am, killing time, thinking about what to amuse myself with in the hospital, and my stomach is growling. And dammit, I want to do my breakfast ritual! I want to hit the alarm, stumble into the kitchen, get the water going, fix a bowl of cereal, hunt around for a clean spoon. And I can't. Dammit all.

But would they schedule the surgery for 9am or something like that? Nooooooooooooooooooooo - 11am! I've got the whole damn morning to kill. Believe me, it would be nice to get some work done in that time; every minute counts now, really. But it's hard to focus when you know you're going into a hospital, where they're going to put you under, and you won't know what it'll be like afterward, and dammit I want my damn breakfast now give it to me!

*sigh*

Might as well blog.

(Image supernaturally swiped from http://cruelkev3.blogspot.com/2007/04/man-rises-from-dead.html)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the operation went well!
Kate Alcarez Skidd